Monday, January 10, 2011

an arctic front on top of us



We're trapped underneath an arctic front today so (rather than using my time productively by finishing an illustration I started a few days ago) I've been dorking around on the computer digitally collaging an old sketch I found while rummaging through my art discs.

And while I'm not really thrilled with the sketch on it's own, there are elements that I like.

Meanwhile there's a yearling buck who's standing under my studio window begging me to come feed him. He's already had half a loaf of wheat bread but the high's around zero today so he's hard to ignore. I'm going to finish posting this, turn off the computer, and see what I've got leftover in the fridge that he might like.




9 comments:

Amy Maureen Murphy said...

Wow, beautiful new layout..so nice, bright and cheery!!! Looks Great!!!

Sharon said...

Thanks Amy!
The other layout was 3 years old. When I get something how I want it I tend to keep it that way forever (same clothes, same foods, same routines). Still I figured it was beyond time for the blog to have a new face.

Anet said...

Oh yeah! great alone but they are wonderful put together!!!

Please tend to that poor sweet deer:) It's so cold, you should let him in... LOL!
Stay warm. It's headed our way:(

Sharon said...

Thanks Anet!
Yeah, he thinks I should let him in too and keeps coming to the sliding glass doors and looking in. :)

Tara said...

I love the series... and your willingness to get in there and play. The result are wonderful.
Hope you were able to scrounge a little something-something for your deer friend. :-)

Sharon said...

Thanks Tara!
Yeah, he isn't doing too badly as far as food is concerned. Hopefully it will warm up tomorrow. It can't be much fun out there right now.

sandy said...

HOpe you got that buck fed. Cool idea about digitally doing a collage.

tiff said...

i love your header...

fyi...i didn't know that you were blogging again w/ comments...geesh i am so out of it! thanks for stopping by my website and wishing my husband a happy bday!

love the art...really it is so awesome and incredibly creative digitally!

Sharon said...

Thanks so much Tiff!
I'm really glad you stopped by!!!