Thursday, March 20, 2008

Me and Jeff


Unlike this little guy, the last thing in the world I am is nocturnal. I like to (and need to) sleep.....a lot! So when Larry was at my side before the sun, muttering something about a problem, it took a minute before I could absorb the fact that he actually expected me to abandon my warm comforter and trek out into the arctic (15 below!!!) morning air to help him. Still, it was hard to be too put out once I got a look at our little terrorist huddled beneath the pigeon's heat lamp trying not to freeze to death like the rest of us. And the massive carnage I was expecting only amounted to a single decapitated little corpse (he wasn't quite the monster I'd envisioned when I grabbed those over sized gloves). As it turns out, I think he was as happy to leave our flock of crazed and distraught pigeons as they were to have him leave. It was just amazing to be able to hold him even for the short amount of time it took to release him (he was completely calm and never even tried to peck or scratch me). The only thing that could have made it more perfect would have been to have had Jeff Corwin here..........




No comments: