Thursday, March 20, 2008

Forget Your Perfect Offering............

I knew this was going to happen. I find living quietly really fulfilling. But I knew when I started this that spending each day in stillness doesn't exactly provide much blog fodder. So here I am with no idea of what to write. (I feel like Pooh in Benjamin Hoff's The Tao of Pooh........... an uncarved block.) So this is it. I'm not really sure what this blog is about, or where it's going, but it will probably contain a little about art (see photo), a little about homeschooling, a LOT about animals and life in the mountains. And today.......Leonard Cohen. I'm a huge fan of his writing and since I can't think of anything to write myself, I'll just leave you with snippets of some of my favorite lyrics from his song Anthem (as sung by Perla Batalla & Julie Christensen).

The wars they will
Be fought again
The holy dove
She will be caught again
Bought and sold
And bought again
The dove is never free

*******&*******
Ring the bells that still can ring
Forget your perfect offering
There is a crack in everything
That's how the light gets in





No comments: