Thursday, March 20, 2008

Home Schooling 101 or How to Cast an Evil Spell on a Pubescent Princess

Anyone who lives with a burgeoning teen knows that every day isn't going to be harmonious...... (especially if you're trying to home school your beloved urchin). Today was one of those days that called for a firm hand, serious discussion, and consequences. A girl, (me) can only put up with just so much grunting, eye rolling, and exasperated gasps while searching the depths of her brain trying to remember if she ever attended the seventh grade (and whether or not there was any math involved). I mean, all I really recall about Junior High involves flashbacks of ghastly social torture and speed dressing in the locker room. So I did it. I gave her my stern stop that grunting lecture! Unfortunately, I couldn't keep a straight face. Goth seems to think that this technique isn't very effective when peppered with giggles so........... I cast a spell on her. She is now going to spend eternity as a frosty metal rocking horse getting sat on by every runny nosed toddler in this icy eden. That'll teach her some patience. And the next time I need 2 seconds before providing her with my fumbling mathematical genius she'll think twice before rolling her eyes in disgust if she knows what's good for her.

No comments: