Thursday, September 16, 2010

it's 5 am and I couldn't sleep






when zoe was little she cut out a heart
on which she wrote
a much needed reminder to me
to bee love.

i try
although often i'm not able to heed her advice.
sometimes, when the door of my very small circle
opens a crack, I fail
and humanity escapes me.

then what I need (all that I am good for)
is to be locked alone
inside a thickly padded room
waiting to disintegrate
completely.

be merciful, gods and neighbors
and do not drop by.
i'm really sorry that I am not that person
who you came to see.

just shut the door on your way out
and throw away the key.
there is no...there is only
vacancy here.




5 comments:

Anet said...

(Softly) Knock, Knock...

(Whispering)It's me... Just wanted to give one of those dreaded((hugs.))
I like you just the way you are, hermity and all.

I'll quietly close the door on my way out.

Sharon said...

No, not YOU Anet. You're already inside the small circle.
And thanks for the hug which is not dreaded at all.

Anet said...

Whew... I'm glad I'm in the circle.

Tara said...

I got to the end and realized I had not let out my breath...

Sharon said...

Thanks Tara. :)