Saturday, October 11, 2008

Musical Doors and Talking to Myself.......









I’ve been mulling over this whole blogging thing lately and trying to figure out where I stand with it. You know, the normal questions of motivation and expectations within the larger context of my life, etc. What I’ve decided is that I really want to be using the blog as a mirror to reflect my days and thoughts back at myself; a personal journal type of thing. I understand the inconsistency of publicly journaling private days, but that being said, I really prefer the computer to my collection of dusty, unfinished & illegible journals. Out of consideration to my blog friends I’ve removed the comments from my posts. Most of what I’ll be writing will be pretty mundane stuff and not really comment “worthy” and no one should have to feel obligated to respond as I talk to myself. Still, it’s been REALLY hard to get started. I guess letting my guard down and quieting my critical brain is more difficult than I thought it would be............

TODAY
It’s in the 20’s today and snowing which is pretty normal for October here. We’ve started our annual game of musical doors with the cats. They seem convinced that dry ground, sunshine and grasshoppers are outside somewhere so they leave by the front door only to come back inside ten minutes later to try the back. It’s as if they’ve mistakenly taken a wrong turn into some Twilight Zone type hell that they’re convinced they can escape if only they can find the right way out. They don’t understand that although we are supposed to have 2 feet of snow by tomorrow, there is still a little time left before winter. After all it’s supposed to be 60 again on Wednesday. But they won’t listen, so I play along; me, six cats, and two doors on alternating and continual rotations.

No comments: