Monday, August 4, 2008

Yee-Haw!

I didn't have anything I wanted to post today but Goth's friend who blogs wrote this and posted it on her site. She gave me permission to repost it here as an alternative perspective of life in Wyoming as seen through the eyes of a teenager. Here's her post:

I thought that I'd clear up some common misconceptions about living in Wyoming.
-I don't ride a horse to school...
-I've never even ridden a horse.
-I don't say Yee-haw! when I'm excited.
-No, Wyoming is not in Canada.
-I don't wear 20 pounds of leather everywhere.
-Wearing leather creeps me out.
-We have pavement.
-I don't wear giant belt buckles that cover half of my upper body.
-I know this is surprising, but we actually have trees.
-Most of our trees are alive.
-Most of the younger generation have been in malls, just not here.

However, some things about Wyoming are true to the common naive tourist's viewpoint.

-It's brown.
-Or tan.
-And has no big cities.
-Whatsoever.
-Sometimes I wish I was in Canada rather than Wyoming.

Why? Because although it does have its good things... I really would rather live elsewhere!!!
However, on a good day I can almost like it here.

Almost.....

No comments: