Sunday, July 27, 2008

Wings


I read a quote the other day that was talking about the prevalence in our culture of liking the idea of a thing better than the reality of it. Any ways, I woke up this morning at loose ends, wondering what I might post about today when I decided I’d do something about wings. Wings are one of those things that I like the “idea” of. They seem so ethereal and other worldly yet in reality they're somewhat clumsy and impractical; at least on our flightless geese and ducks. I think the original quote had a more serious point about preferring illusion to truth but in the interest of keeping things light here's my list of concepts (or things) that I like the idea of,
but aren’t quite as great as their cracked up to be:

travel
C-Span
the U.N.
being a Girl Scout leader
exercise
tofu

What about you, what can you think of that you like the idea of better than it’s reality???

No comments: