Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Christmas in July


Every since Goth was a baby my sister has seen to it that she has been well dressed. In fact if it wasn’t for Sandie she’d probably be running around here in nothing but a loincloth and slippers (just kidding). Our older sister’s daughter, Leanne, is almost 16. She gives her hand-me-downs to Sandie who’s 14 year old takes what she likes before shipping them to us. Goth and her friend divvy up the rest and anything that survives the trials of life with Zoe gets sent back to Michigan for Sandie’s youngest who’s 10. Today’s box was jam packed with clothing, including a cashmere sweater, (why didn’t Marcee want that, Sandie???) and art supplies!

Sandie owns a custom drapery workroom so she sent me a bunch of cool beaded fringe remnants and other trinkets to collage with.

I’ve been really low on supplies so I can’t wait to dig in and get working.

It was almost noon when I opened the box and found that several of the shirts actually fit me. My wardrobe being what it is, coupled with my disdain for shopping, made me ready to call dibs on some of those tops. But since they were sent for Zoe I figured I’d better give her first pick. When I carried them into her room and asked her if she would mind if I laid claim to them, she informed me that I have terrible taste. How cool is that?!
Thank you Sandie!
(and thank Marcia too for all of the great old jewelry!)

No comments: