Friday, June 13, 2008

Sunstruck

Do you ever have those days when your mind swims incoherently from one thought to the next without ever lighting long enough for you to calm it? Well, that's where I'm at. It's sunny and warm for the first time in what seems like forever and it's calling me out......... What I'm getting at is that I don't really have anything of my own to contribute today. Goth is having a sleepover with her best friend and they stayed up late reading scary stories and watching Sweeney Todd. Her friend (13) is brilliant with 4 of her own blogs and is an amazing writer. So, since I'm empty headed today here's a glimpse at Keely's writing from one of her blogs:
Why govern yourself?
Sweet oranges, reds, yellows.
Fake happiness, fake this day, fake life.
Make it sweeter than it is.
You can do it.
A crystal shell around darkness.
Everyone else does it.
Why can't you?
You can. You will.
~Keely (last name withheld)

No comments: