Thursday, March 20, 2008

Wallpaper.......

The muse has been working full time in his studio since before we had internet, digital cameras, and the wonders of Photoshop (over 20 years!!!). Which means that we have boxes and boxes and boxes of those ancient relics, the slide. And, because he never viewed art as a commodity, but rather one of process and evolutionary consciousness, we also have lots of paintings. I’m sure you don’t fully grasp my meaning, so let me reiterate. We have LOTS of paintings. OODLES of paintings. An entire storage space filled with paintings! So many paintings that when we looked at our bedroom wall last year and pondered what color we wanted to paint it, we decided instead to just paper it- in paintings. Now don’t get me wrong. This is not a reflection on the quality of his work. I mean I honestly believe that some of his pieces are museum quality. But come on, there isn’t a museum big enough to hold them all. So, I wallpapered. Which brings us to today (and tomorrow and the next day, ad infitinum). He’s decided it’s time to start exhibiting again, and possibly selling. Thus allowing him to go into the studio without the little voice in the back of his head taunting “The storage space is almost full.....so what then? What are you going to do....... rent another one???” This is where I come in. Rather than scan all of those stupid slides (a painstakingly slow process) I’m taking pictures. Lots of them. Lots, and lots, and lots of them...........and, if he’s lucky, I won’t find any more walls to cover.

No comments: