Thursday, March 20, 2008

The Beauty of Trivial Things




The last 48 hours have been a little intense. It’s amazing how quickly you can feel solid ground giving way beneath you. I know that all sounds melodramatic and maybe it is. But when it’s you, it’s very real, and all the reassuring rational thoughts in the world can’t return your footing prematurely. I’m still wondering if I’m not just grasping at positive straws because that’s what I want to believe. But opening your mind to remote possibilities is a terrible thing. So I’m going to go with the belief that a zero in a million chance means just that. There have been many times in my life when I questioned the seriousness and productivity of my days. Not today. Right now I can think of nothing more beautiful than to have peace of mind enough to be trivial. What a Blessing!

No comments: