Wednesday, December 19, 2012

end of life quilt



     It's hard to know what to give someone who isn't well for Christmas but I think my sister came up with the perfect thing for our Mom. She's made her a quilt with photo's of everyone in our family. Each picture is labeled with the person's name in case Pat needs help remembering who we are. It is the perfect gift. My mother has never been the sentimental type, but I hope that she will wrap herself in it, and that it will capture her attention and comfort her. What a beautiful gift. 


Some individual shots from the quilt:

My Mom's Mom.


Her Dad.

My Mom and her siblings.

My parents wedding.



Me and my sisters wearing outfits my mom made for us. 
She was always so proud of having taught herself to sew 
after her high school home ec teacher told her she sucked. 



My three little brothers who my parents adopted when we were teens. 



A fairly recent photo of my parents with some of their grandchildren.