Sunday, April 15, 2012

the annual love walk...



364 days out of the year Kitara and Moonbeam meander peacefully around the yard. They're usually pretty good about staying home but once a year their hormones get the better of them and they go looking for love. Today was that day. Personally I'd have preferred they'd waited since Larry and I were enjoying a quiet Sunday free of therapy, medical appointments, and other obligations. In fact we'd just settled down for the nicest of afternoon nap's when John came by to tell us they were walking the streets. Usually when they stray they're nearby and I can guide them home but today they managed to get themselves quite a ways away, and to make matters worse they took Loose (another goose) and Elly (a duck) with them. So, long story short, we all took a ride. And in case you were wondering, 3 geese, 2 humans, and a duck fit quite comfortably in a Rav4 as long as you don't mind cleaning it up afterwards.
Thank you John!



P.S.
Larry is doing fantastic. While he can't walk unassisted yet he can do just about everything else on his own. He's already regained the ability to write and it's only been a month!




5 comments:

Anet said...

Oh this post made me smile.
Larry rocks! I'm so glad to hear he's doing well.

The great goose adventure!
It makes you wonder; just exactly what their plans were.
I had to laugh that Loose and Elly tagged along. Then picturing you loading them all into a car is such a funny site in my mind:)

Glad everyone is home and hopefully the rest of your Sunday was restful and adventureless:) Take Care!

Gwen Buchanan said...

Really glad to hear Larry is bouncing back.. can't keep a good man down! Our best to you all.

Project Tara said...

So glad Larry's recovery is going well. All that love in the air... good for the soul. I drive a RAV4 as well and I'm picturing mine filled with the menagerie. Can't help but break out into a big grin. :-)
Peace, healing and gentleness to you all!

sandy said...

Sharon - I'm so glad to read Larry is doing better. After my bacterial meningitis - I had trouble walking and doing a lot of things - it all has come back (I understand their is a difference) but I so hope to read soon that he is walking.

Loved your story about the goose.

All the best to Larry and you and Zoey.

Sharon said...

Thanks you guys! I'm glad their antics made you smile, they definitely amuse us, they're such characters.
Larry's still doing great and can actually walk short distances unassisted. Hopefully soon we can try the stairs....yikes! :)