Saturday, December 17, 2011

I found this on the table this morning



Zoe must have drawn it during the night.
We put Booger down yesterday, she was (at least) 20. Larry and I found her living in our shed in '93. We already had 5 cats and a dog so I suggested taking her to the shelter but Larry wanted to keep her. I'm glad we did. She was quite a character; an avid animal hater who approached life claws first, she loved us and was never happier then while burrowing deep into our necks as we watched t.v.. The other animals were terrified of her. The dogs even refused to enter doors or go up or down stairs if she was anywhere near. A part of me envied her unapologetic bitchiness and lately we've been joking that it wasn't time to put her down if she was still kicking ass (which she proudly did until the end).
Zoe wrote on her blog yesterday:

"RIP Booger
1991 to December 2011
I hope you go to a great place, with lots of canned food and people to sit on".

I couldn't come up with a better epitaph if I tried.
Goodbye Miss Boog, we loved you.

4 comments:

sandy said...

I really like Zoe's drawing of Booger (the name makes me laugh)..

Rest in Peace Booger...

Project Tara said...

She looks like a tough old gal with a heart of gold. I'm glad she had such a loving family.

Anet said...

What a nice long life she had... and truly blessed to have been a part of your family!

((hugs to all))

Sharon said...

Thanks everyone for your kind thoughts.

Yeah, the name is horrible. She was the last animal we let Larry name! He did apologize to her over her grave for it though :)