Friday, June 18, 2010

walking away


I shot this on Wednesday at ZooMontana and for some reason I really like it. Unfortunately Shutterstock didn't. I've found that most of the other stock sites aren't worth the trouble it takes to submit to them, so I've decided to just post it here for anyone to use as they please. Not many people pop by anymore, but if you do stop by and you just happen to be right in the middle of some elaborate peacock project, then help yourself. As I was uploading him I was trying to think about what to write and decided to list some things that I've walked away from. This isn't a comprehensive list by any means, nor is walking away necessarily negative (I mean sometimes it's absolutely the healthiest choice to make). Here are a few trivial ones:

making "real" art
blogging whole-heartedly
gluten
any preconceived idea of who my child "should" be
forcing myself to be socially engaging
the idea that my house will ever be truly clean while living with 6 cats and 3 dogs
striving to be fashionable
convention