Monday, March 8, 2010

its THAT time of year again















The deadline for the Wyoming Art Council's Visual Arts Fellowships is in a few weeks. I haven't been entering these last few years since deciding that I was sick and tired of the nauseatingly pretentious seriousness that is the modus operandi of the art world; I mean a soul can only take so much self aggrandizement and elitism. That being said I've been thinking about submitting some of my stock work in the photography catalog. Our roof seems to have sprung yet another leak and an extra few thousand dollars would really come in handy. Despite wanting to embrace what is "real" and "concrete" I'm feeling like maybe the stock photos are just too dry and lifeless for a "fine arts" competition. So I'm toying with the idea of throwing together a few photoshopped images instead ???? but I'm not sure...