Sunday, January 3, 2010

i won't be making another for quite a while.....

I started out thinking I could use up some of my old quilting scraps to make a 6'x8' shaggy rag rug for the living room, but once I got started I decided to be realistic and halved my vision in size. It turns out that deep down I really don't want to dedicate the rest of my life to ripping up scraps of cotton and tying them to plastic chicken mesh, so about 3 minutes later I halved it again and this is the end result:

My sister suggested that I tackle several smaller units with an eye toward eventually piecing them all together to form one large throw which I think is a great idea.

(the back)

Unfortunately, it's going to be a VERY long time before you'll find me tying scraps of cotton to anything. And while I don't really recommend it unless you are completely bored with life AND swimming in leftover fabrics, it does make for a very warm and soft rug which is much nicer than anything you can buy.