Sunday, September 6, 2009

Tao Lin and an illustration












This poem by Tao Lin was on NPR yesterday:

"Some of My Happiest Moments in Life Occur on AOL Instant Messenger."

I will create a new category on my instant messenger buddy list. I will call it people I like who don't like me back. And I will move your screen name into that group and I will invite you to my house and show you.

And you will say, If I didn't like you, why did I come over? And you will look at my face and I will have an honest answer for your question. I will tell you that you came over to be polite.

And after a while you'll go home and you won't call, and I won't either. And after a while I won't like you anymore. And after a while we'll forget each other. And after a while you will be beautiful and alone inside your coffin. And I'll be cold and alone inside of my coffin.