Wednesday, December 31, 2008

2008: The Year of the Blog

Tomorrow we start a new year. I'm not much for resolutions; I mean, if I were capable of the discipline required to wake earlier, eat healthier, or exercise more I'd do it, be it a new year or a new day. And while I will continue to strive toward those ends it's not like I see 2009 as a fresh start in regard to any aspect of my life (except perhaps politically!). In fact, I'm going to be pretty happy if the next 365 days afford me the luxury of continuing to meander through life as I have been.

Looking back though, I see 2008 as the year of the blog (before that there was the year of Girl Scouts, and then the year of ebay). Comparatively, I have to say I liked the year of the blog the best. Still, it's over now. I'm not saying I'll never post (on onesmallsquare.com) anymore but it's not something worthy of the attention I gave it. I wanted to try it, and I did pretty well I think.

You never know how things will unfold but I'm thinking that '09 will be the year of bringing my education up to date. I need to gain a deeper understanding of perspective, architectural drawing, and portraiture. After that I'm going to learn Photoshop, Corel, and any other necessary design applications. Wish me luck!

Today: Cal discovered the dog's new tennis balls and spent the day playing with them until he wore himself out, we took down the tree and decorations, and did some cleaning. The house looks good............for now. :)