Tuesday, October 21, 2008

This Just Isn't Working for Me.........

I don’t know if you’re like me or not but I’m one of those people who’s equilibrium is easily upset. Like right before laundry day when my last pair of clean underwear are those annoying purple lacy ones that don’t quite fit right and by the end of the day have literally become intolerable. I know, I really need to buy more, but have you been underwear shopping lately??? To find the right size with good fabric and no scratchy lace, thong, or brazen animal print is disconcerting enough to inspire me to just deal (or at the very least to try and remember to do the laundry more often). Any ways, I’m fussy like that; even my socks need to be perfect or they drive me nuts. Zoe’s the same way, she won’t wear socks-ever (and we live butt deep in snow 6 months out of the year!). Any ways, I’m veering away from my original point which is that a few weeks ago I decided to focus my blog toward personal journaling but, like those silly purple underwear, documenting the banality of my days isn’t quite the right fit for me (which is why I haven’t really done it!) and I miss all of you. The part about you is a bit of a surprise to me because I have spent the last 20 years living happily as a hermit. I’m not sure what's changed but I do know that you guys have in some small way changed me. So, forget the journaling, I’m just going to let this thing flow wherever it wants, whenever it wants, and I’m sure eventually it will feel just right.

No comments: