Friday, September 5, 2008

Zoe's Art and Standing Back..........

I haven't written anything to post so I thought I would put up one of Zoe's drawings. The girl is a prolific artist and draws constantly. One day I'm going to walk into her room and be unable to find her beneath all of that paper! If I had to hazard a guess I would be willing to bet that a thorough cleaning could turn up hundreds of finished pieces, and probably a thousand unfinished ones and that's without even venturing to look under her bed.
So anyways, this is one of hers that I really like.

I, on the other hand, have spent the summer indulging in blogging rather than focusing my energies in the studio like I should have. It's not that a normal and sane person couldn't easily be doing both things simultaneously but I seem to be compulsively single minded. So, what I'm trying to say is that all of this week I've been distractedly channeling my mental energies toward art and will keep trying to do so for the next couple of weeks. If, in the interim, I happen to have a coherent thought I'll post it. If not, you'll probably just find the occasional, mundane, typing off the top of my head, posts like the ones from this week. I'll keep my toes crossed that something blogworthy comes to mind but if it doesn't I will continue, as always, to be inspired by what all of you are doing.......and by Zoe.

No comments: