Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Gwen's Thread

(Filters: low hue saturation~poster edges~neon glow....click to enlarge)

Last week Gwen posted a great watercolor she did of a mug one of her friends had thrown. Yesterday Ruth wove that thread from Gwen's house in New Brunswick to hers in Michigan and today you’ll find it here with me in Wyoming.

(filters: ink outlines~none~high pass.....click to enlarge)

These mugs were given to me years ago by my brother-in-law. He thinks that they were made by Bennington Art Pottery in the late 1800’s but personally I don’t know anything about them except that they’re beautiful and earthy and feel weighty when held.

(filters: none~watercolor........click to enlarge)

I’ve never used them to drink from...........because of their age I thought it would be better to test them first, to make sure they aren’t leaching lead or something. I wasn’t sure what to do with the mugs for this post. So for those of you not familiar with photoshop I’ve just taken some photos and ran the very simplest photoshop filters over them.

(filters: none~poster edges~high pass............click to enlarge)

One winter morning after they’ve been tested I’ll empty all of the pencils, scissors, and rubber bands from them, give one a good wash, sit down with a cup of hot cocoa & write a different post............. probably one filled with longing for a warm and summery day like today.

No comments: