Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Forgiveness


This is Megan. Last Wednesday I plucked her from a sound sleep and stuffed her into a soft sided carrier, which pissed her off........a lot! She howled and cried and rolled around like we were on our way to Guantanamo. After carrying her squirming butt out to the car I decided that maybe she’d be happier in a large plastic kennel, so I transferred her apologetically which made her scream even more indignantly. In fact she howled all of the way to town (30 minutes) nonstop! Once there, I hauled her miserable little self into a strange building where some woman had the audacity to weigh her and tell her she was fat. And if that wasn’t bad enough the woman followed this up by sticking needles into Megan's neck. One minute she’s the queen of a very nice spread with a bed, a sunny spot, dogs, and her own private woods. And the next minute she’s being pawed like some kind of lowly shelter stray (a position in life that she gave up at the tender age of 8 weeks old and prefers not to talk about it). After paying for this raucous good time I stuck her back into the carrier where she screamed bloody murder for another 30 minutes. But once we were home she immediately located my lap and let me know how much she loves me. The girl simply doesn’t know how to hold a grudge. I wish I was so good..........

No comments: